Pages

Monday 19 February 2018

Canvasing 'Happy Thoughts'

Hi there and Welcome!
Today's post is for the current challenge
of Felt/Cork or Canvas etc over at CAS Mix Up Blog
All the details are Here
You will have seen my first entry using cork.
This time I thought I would play with canvas.
It really is a fun paper and gives a great
texture look to your project.
I started by spritzing some Turquoise Brusho's
onto my canvas then decided to add a bit of texture
with Mont Marte Pearl White Acrylic Paint
then some White DecoArt Crackle Paste - 
I should have added more but was just an experiment.
I left it overnight and was happy with the result so continued
by cutting out 2 Spellbinder Butterflies in canvas.
 Attached them to my background and adhered to white card for stability.
Mixed up a little more of what I used for the background,
covering both cutouts and attached an oval gem.
Added some splatters and finished with my sentiment
from STAMPlorations Bloom Happy in Oxide Salty Ocean.
To blend with my pearly background I chose some
Pearlescent Textured card stock.
Here is a close up of the shimmer/texture - 
My Mix is Canvas, Stamping, Die Cutting, Mixed Media.


Thanks for dropping in today
Till next time - Cherrio from 





13 comments:

lostinpaper said...

LOVE the added texture Ina, your card is absolutely beautiful!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great texture and dimension Ina. A true blue beauty! Loving the cork idea!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully created and love the pretty mix of blues on the background and butterfly.

Kathy Krug said...

This experiment turned out so pretty. Great CAS design.

Bobby said...

I love all the texture and the way the color fades in and out, Ina.

Jo said...

That canvas butterfly is a gem on the beautiful mix media background. Love that you used only the Turquoise Brusho, it gives it so much cohesion. Beautiful done Ina, love it.
Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

nancy littrell said...

The shimmer, shine from your mixed media products and texture from your canvas background and canvas butterlies are so beautiful, Ina. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Loll said...

So pretty!! Love the Brushos with the added texture ... makes a gorgeous and very artsy background. Your butterflies just shine, Ina Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

Love all the color and texture, Ina! This card makes me want to touch it! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Helen said...

Wow!! I love all that lovely texture and bright, shiny colour Ina! Fantastic!

Mac Mable said...

Great mix of medias on your artsy card Ina and like how you've stamped the enlistment in the blue x

Julia Aston said...

The paint and brushos add great texture to the subtle texture of the canvas Ina - love the splatter and pretty layered butterfly! Thanks for sharing this with us at Cas Mix Up! Julia xx

Susan said...

Beautiful shades of blue and gorgeous butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!